Accidents happen all the time, and knowing what to do in case dental emergencies occur can mean a huge difference between saving and losing a tooth. Some tips that SF Dental House recommends when dental emergencies occur are as follows:
- For knocked out teeth, call us for instruction on what should be done before you can make it to the SF Dental House
- For dental emergencies at SF Dental House in Mission District San Francisco relating to a cracked tooth, you should immediately rinse your mouth with warm water to sterilize the area and put cold compresses on the face to minimize swelling.
- During a dental emergency where you accidently bite down on your tongue or lip, you should clean that and the surrounding area gently and put a cold compress on it.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with water and use a dental floss to clean in between the teeth and avoid putting any medicine on the teeth which have not been handed out by your dentist or approved by ADA.
- For other debris stuck in the mouth always use dental floss instead of sharp pointed objects as then you face the danger of injuring your gums and teeth.
When faced with such dental emergencies, it is important that you call our dental office Mission District immediately rather than taking matters into your own hands. Some precautions that you can take to avoid injuring your teeth include:
- Wearing a mouth guard while taking part in sports or other recreational activities.
- Avoid ice, popcorn and other hard candy to avoid cracking a tooth further.
- Avoid using your teeth to open packages.